In this guide, I am going to show you how you can login Ymail account. Besides it, I will also give you a brief explanation on how Ymail is different from Yahoo.
So, here we go…
What is Ymail?
Ymail is a division for Yahoo account. On joining to Yahoo email administrations, users can pick between a ‘yahoo.com’ postfix or ‘ymail.com’ email suffix.
It means if you choose Yahoo.com then your email address would look like this firstname.lastname@example.org and if you choose Ymail.com then your email would look like this email@example.com.
This domain was launched 11 years after Yahoo was launched in the year 2008.
It was accompanied by rocketmail.com and both the domains were launched for users to find the best possible address for them.
This had become a problem due to the popularity of domains and millions of users with the same name using them.
Most of the times getting the desired email id username is not possible, that is why users have to use number, sequence or create different names.
So, to bust all these problems, this domain was made.
John Kremer, vice president of Yahoo Mail stated in context with Ymail –
We want users to get the exact e-mail account they want so they stay with us for life.
As of now you know what it is, now let me show you the exact way to sign into your Ymail account.
Ymail Login Step by Step
As we have already discussed that Ymail is a part of Yahoo, so the login instructions are somewhat similar to it.
Here’re the steps you need to follow –
1) First go to the Yahoo login page (login.yahoo.com) or type Ymail.com
2) Next type your username in the Yahoo id box and enter your password.
(This is the part of the email address that comes before @ymail.com)
3) Now you should access your Ymail account.
How to Recover Ymail Password?
In case you have forgotten your Ymail password, simply follow the below steps to recover your account.
- First go to the Yahoo! login page.
- Now click on the “I Can’t Access My Account” below the ‘Sign in’ option.
- Next choose the option “I Forgot My Password”
- In the next screen, you will have to enter your email id or mobile number associate with the account.
- Next you can choose between the option for Ymail password Recovery which you want to use. (Here you can either choose alternative email address, mobile number, or one secret question.)
- Now choose the one for you and follow the instructions to recover your account.
My Ymail Isn’t Working
In case, if you are unable to access your Ymail account then try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.
For your information, Yahoo in 2013 ended the registration for new Ymail addresses and if an account was inactive for more than 12 months then the company automatically deactivates the account.
In case due to inactivity the account has been deactivated then re-activating it is not possible and setting up a new account with Ymail cannot be done.
In brief, this is how you can do Ymail Login by just following few simple steps as mentioned above.