When you need to unblock Facebook from school, then you should try out different ways. We have not only covered steps for unblocking the site from computers but also communication devices. You can go through this guide if kids are using Windows, MAC OS, Android device or an iPhone.
Check Also: 5 Smart Ways On How To Bypass Blocked Sites
Unblock Facebook at School Using the IP address
You just have to follow some simple steps to start Facebook through the IP address. You needn’t possess the expertise or seek help of an IT professional.
- Step 1: Click ‘Start’ (Windows logo that’s situated at the bottom left hand side corner).
- Step 2: In the search box, type ‘Command Prompt’. This step would direct an option that opens up a black window.
- Step 3: Type ‘ping facebook.com’ and press ‘ENTER’.
- Step 4: Fetch the IP address (found towards the right of ‘Pinging.facebook.com’)
- Step 5: Launch the browser and type the IP address.
At the end, if the IP address is not blocked, then the final step would direct you to Facebook’s page.
For Mac OS
- Step 1: Open ‘Spotlight’ which is situated towards the right hand side corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Type ‘terminal’ which directs you to the Terminal app.
- Step 3: After you double click the terminal icon, type ‘ping facebook.com’ along with the ‘ENTER’ key.
- Step 4: Note down the IP address, a number towards the right of ‘[Number] bytes from’.
- Step 5: Launch the browser and go to the Facebook page by typing the IP address.
Using a Proxy Site is yet Another way of Unblocking Facebook at School
- Step 1: Open the browser by keying in student credentials.
- Step 2: Type ‘free online proxy sites 2017’ in the Google search engine.
- Step 3: Either select ‘Anonymouse’, ‘VPNbook’ or ‘FilterByPass’.
- Step 4: Type ‘facebook.com’ in the search bar and click ‘Search’.
Once done, you would be directed to Facebook by bypassing the school’s network.
How to Unblock Facebook Using an Android Device?
- Step 1: Establish a connection between the device and the PC by using a USB cord.
- Step 2: Open Android’s settings which is nothing but an icon in form of a gear.
- Step 3: Select ‘More’ an option below the ‘Wireless & Network’ heading.
- Step 4: Select ‘Tethering & portable hotspot’ / ‘Tethering and Mobile Hotspot’ if you’re using a Samsung cell phone.
- Step 5: Switch on ‘USB tethering’ to allow the computer to use Android’s data as the internet connection.
- Step 6: Launch the web browser on the computer and type ‘facebook.com’.
- Step 7: Once you press ‘ENTER’ you would be directed to the respective home page.
Get on Facebook at School Using iPhone
- Step 1: Connect the iPhone to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Step 2: Go to the iPhone’s settings which is represented by a gear like symbol.
- Step 3: Tap ‘Personal Hotspot’ if it’s present with the communication device. Enable the option by sliding till the color turns green.
NOTE: If you don’t see this option, then you should understand that the phone doesn’t have a hotspot.
- Step 4: After switching to the internet connectivity, open the web browser on the computer.
- Step 5: Type ‘facebook.com’ in the address bar and press enter to direct yourself to Facebook’s home page.
While these are the ways for unblocking Facebook, you can perform the task with simple steps.
Get on Facebook in School Using the Internet
- Step 1: Launch the browser with the necessary credentials if you have to sign in.
- Step 2: Type ‘m.facebook.com’ in the address bar and press ‘ENTER’.
Finally, if ‘Facebook’ is blocked within the school’s network, then this action would direct you to Facebook mobile site.
Hope by now, you know how to unblock Facebook at school. If you have tried out any other method, do keep us posted.