What is DFU Mode and How to Put iPhone in DFU Mode?
DFU stands for “Device Firmware Upgrade” mode which makes your device ready for restoration from any state. It is basically a mode in which BootROM is able to accept BSS. You need to burn DFU into the hardware due to which you cannot remove it.
As a matter of fact, whether you are looking for an update from an expired data or you require a solution when nothing is working, Apple is capable of providing you the solution. Due to this, we can say that putting your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode can be your last but best hope for success.
Unlike recovery mode, DFU mode makes your device go into a state where it is able to communicate with iTunes on Mac and Windows but the activation of boot loader or iOS is not present. The best part is that you can restore your iPhone from any state. If your want to set your iPhone it requires some time and practice. You may not succeed initially in setting a DFU mode but that should not refrain you from trying it again.
Read on to get the best ways of how to put iPhone in DFU mode.
How to Put iPhone into DFU Mode – Here are Best Methods
- You should plug-in your iPhone and ensure that iTunes is running.
- Now, turn off your iPhone or iPad if you haven’t done so.
- Press and hold down the On/Off button located on the right side of your iPhone (iPhone6 or later or top(all other iPhones and iPads) the device for at least 3 seconds.
- Now you need to swipe the slider – “slide to power off” to the right
- Next, press and hold down the Home button located on the front of your device while you are still holding down the On/Off button.
- Now you need to keep holding both buttons down for about 10 seconds. In case you see the logo of Apple on your screen it means you have pressed them for a longer duration and you need to restart.
- Just take away your hands from the On/Off button but you need to hold the Home button for nearly 5 seconds. However, if you see “Plug into iTunes” on your device it means you have pressed it too long and required to restart.
- Finally, if the screen of your iPhone stays black it means that your iPhone is on the DFU mode.
When Should you Use DFU Mode on your iPhone?
The truth is that for most of the normal uses of your iPhone or iPad you will not require DFU mode. Probably the only thing you need is the recovery mode. If in case your device is stuck after the update of the operating system or due to corrupted data it is not functioning properly recovery mode is your first option. The main reasons for using the iPhone DFU mode are:
- In order to downgrade the version of iOS currently running on the iPhone.
- If you are looking to jailbreak or un-jailbreak the device.
- If you are looking to remove the expired beta version of the iOS.
However putting the device into DFU mode is very much similar to recovery mode but it is not that easy. It requires practice and you need to spend some time.
How to Exit iPhone DFU Mode?
If you want to exit the DFU mode you need to turn-off the device. You can do this by holding down the sleep/power until you see the slider. If you happen to hold the sleep/power and Home buttons for a longer duration the device will turn off and the screen will become dark.
You may require putting your device into DFU mode for fixing some conditions but you should remember that it is dangerous to do so. If you use DFU mode to downgrade the OS or you want to jailbreak your device, it can violate the warranty and also damage it.
Top DFU Tools for Your iPhone to Enter DFU Mode
As a matter of fact, it is always better to opt for a recovery mode or iOS system recovery before you put your iPhone into DFU mode. The truth is that the DFU mode is the last and final attempt to fix your iPhone from any trouble. In order to ensure that your iPhone is working properly and the data saved is also acting fine then you need to tinker with its settings. There are six different iPhone DFU tools that will be of great help to you to enter your iPhone into the DFU mode.
DFU Tools Are;
- Tiny Umbrella
- EasyiRecovery and
The above-mentioned methods of how to put iPhone in DFU mode will help you in the best possible way and you will benefit from it.