When you think about restoring the operating system back to its normal state, don’t be nervous or scared. We have helped out with everything concerned with an iPhone, Android, Mac and Windows OS.
How to Do a Hard Reset on iPhone?
Two methods have been demystified when you hard reset a device running on iOS. While the first way helps you achieve the task directly from the communication device, the other one entails you to connect the phone to a desktop.
#Method 1 – Performing an iPhone Hard reset Directly from the Device
- Step 1: Under the ‘Settings’ tab tap ‘General’.
- Step 2: Scroll down and access ‘Reset’.
- Step 3: Consider the option ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ and confirm by tapping ‘Erase iPhone’.
NOTE: While the process moves ahead, iTunes works in the background to restore the device to its original state.
- Step 4: Finally, the device would restart and you would have to swipe the home screen just as you had done for the first time. This step would help you find your way on how to master reset an iPhone.
#Method 2 – How to Hard Reset an iPhone through iTunes on a System?
- Step 1: Connect the iPhone to the computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Step 2: Open iTunes and wait till the device is detected.
- Step 3: Under the ‘Summary’ section click ‘Restore iPhone’.